Area Sales Manager - West
Title: Area Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Wy’East Medical Corporation, a family owned second generation manufacturer of innovative technologies and solutions that specifically target Safe Patient Handling and Mobility is seeking to hire an Area Sales Manager responsible for new business development and promoting products / solutions growth within a territory reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing. The Area Sales Manager will manage an entire sales cycle, will close deals, and create sales strategies. The ideal candidate should have a background of strong, successful, and documented performances.
You will be proud to sell our medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation to both Civilian and Veteran Hospitals throughout the United States.
Region: Western United States (California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
- The primary responsibility of this position is to sell Wy’East products and services to hospitals, health systems, clinical users, (Safe Patient Handling Professionals, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Employee Health, and Nursing) throughout all Acute Care Settings in a defined geographical area and some outlining targeted accounts.
- You will be responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with Key – Decision Makers including but not limited to Safe Patient Handling Professionals, Contracting Professionals, Logistic Officers, Nursing, Risk Management, and various members of the C-Suite
- You will be responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs, and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Wy’East products and/or services.
- Provide support and service to clinical personnel as it relates to the use of products in a clinical setting.
- Meet/exceed sales quotas within assigned territory by:
- Driving sales efficiencies and growth.
- Maximizing account penetration by selling all products in portfolio.
- Promoting and establishing education of the company’s products and/or services.
- New business development: prospect, generate leads, cold calling.
- Ensure early engagement in the customer buying process to diagnose customers’ needs and tailor solutions to match them, influencing bid specs as required.
- Actively manage sales pipeline to ensure constant flow of new business creating a 12-month rolling territory forecast.
- Implement and track key performance metrics including quote generation volume.
- Develop and implement sales strategies supporting current business strategies.
- Communicate customer feedback on new products and/or modifications to existing products or applications to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Maintain company Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) for assigned territory by documenting interactions with existing and prospective customers during the sales process.
- Attend training on new products and technologies.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the medical industry sales or medical device sales.
- Sector-specific sales experience is preferred or Clinical experience with a Sales background.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business management, or related field is preferred.
- Specialized knowledge including licenses and certificates.
- Proven track record of meeting sales quotas.
- Proficient in CRM solutions.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Strong Communication & Presentation skills.
- Excellent Analytical, Negotiation & Organizational skills.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities while maintaining effectiveness.
- Ability to travel within territory up to 75%.
"*" indicates required fields