Wy’East Medical Corporation has an exciting opportunity in Clackamas, Oregon for a Buyer/Planner to join our team. In this full time, salaried role you will be a key contributor to our company as we manufacture Safe Patient Handling and Mobility (SPHM) products for our customers across the United States.
If you have a purchasing/planning background, a strong work ethic, a great attitude, and are committed to your team this may be a great fit for you!
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for the planning and purchasing of inventory supporting the manufacturing and production of our full product line. The position will manage select suppliers to ensure on time delivery at competitive pricing while managing inventory levels to prevent shortages and maximize turns. The Buyer/Planner will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Sourcing new suppliers and building strong supplier relationships
- Forecast, plan and procure materials, components, and equipment on time as required by production and inventory min/max levels, including expediting as necessary
- Execute on cost savings, pricing negotiation, and supplier consolidation
- Negotiating optimal delivery terms, dates, and conditions
- Proactively help to resolve material shortages and delays
- Identifying and resolving delivery problems to take proactive steps to eliminate their impact on the supply chain
- Maintain and solidify relationships with all internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Provide timely updates to management and customers as requested
- Reviewing and implementing engineering changes for purchased and sub-contracted materials, including updating bills of materials per engineering drawings in ERP/MRP data base
- Performing supplier audits and works to identify and onboard new suppliers
- Maintain ERP/MRP system, including verifying data accuracy
- Develop thorough working knowledge of parts / items and associated supplier base.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of required MRP / ERP systems.
- Bring ideas to management and be able to implement necessary process improvements.
- Develop mutually beneficial, respectful, and effective relationships with peers to ensure seamless coordination between departments, maximize synergy, and maintain a shared vision, strategy, and focus
- Other duties as assigned – Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In support of our customers and team, as a Buyer/Planner, at times you may be expected to perform any of the following to meet customer requirements/team daily objectives:
- Inventory cycle counting, picking/kitting and other inventory related tasks
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer awareness and service minded focus
- Must be able to thrive in a small manufacturing environment while serving many roles effectively and handle multiple priorities to meet scheduled deadlines
- Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines
- Occasional travel when necessary for purposes such as pre-qualifying suppliers, inspecting status of orders, general meetings with suppliers, etc.
- Strong ERP/MRP skills
- Upholds organizational values, demonstrates sound business ethics, works with integrity and ethically in all situations, and treats others with respect and consideration at all times regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for actions, reacts well under pressure, follows through on commitments, and demonstrates consistency between words and actions
- Perseveres in accomplishing tasks or objectives and maintains a sense of urgency about getting results
- Strong ability to read, interpret and understand manufacturing and engineering drawings
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details
- Ability to perform high school level math, including understanding the metric system and conversions between Imperial (English) and metric units
- High attention to detail
- High standard for quality, work ethic, & organization
- Read and understand bill of materials (BOMs)
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management and customers
- Works independently, displays initiative and solves problems with proficiency
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (5) years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or Manufacturing preferred
- Minimum High School diploma required
- Must have knowledge of basic manufacturing practices
- Required to have an extensive working knowledge of PC functions and Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain U.S. passport
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle parts by hand in a repetitive motion for extended time durations, such as when cycle counting inventory
- Ability to drive a forklift (will train)
- Ability to work while continuously standing for up to 10 hours